Translate

Friday, November 29, 2013

Eden of the East

Eden of the East is an anime about creating a better 'Japan'.  It has some strange genre mash-ups but it does tend to all make sense at the end of the story.  It reminds me a little of a cross between James Bond, The Princess Bride and some kind of super AI computer.  Like I said, very strange mash up, but the lead character is so strangely down to earth and strange at the time that he holds the blend together relatively well.

Likewise the art has a little more grungy realism to it's design and I think it's a very good choice for this story.  I think it's subtlety is something that makes it work so well.

I really liked the originality of the story and the fact that I couldn't figure it out in the first three episodes.  I would have liked to have seen some of the extraneous loose ends tied up a little bit better at the end of the story though.  All in all, I think this is a fun anime worth watching and I give it a 4 out of 5.






No comments:

Post a Comment