Translate

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Black Blood Brothers

Black Blood Brothers takes place in world divided into two races, The red bloods or humans and the black bloods, AKA - vampires.  Naturally, the two races try to find some sort of balance but there are many factions with in each race that have different opinions on the matter.

The artwork was a little old styled for my taste, but the story and characters were interesting enough that I quickly started to pay more attention to the story.  The plot line was pretty entertaining but the character development was a bit shallow.  I think it had more to do with the fact that this is a very big story, with lot's of long and interesting back stories (they are vampires after all.)  However, despite the really great ideas involved,  everything just gets cut too short.  Although, I have to admit that even though this anime feels like a small window on a big story, I am happy that they made it a very complete little segment.

I give Black Blood Brothers a 3.5 because it's interesting and a complete mini-story.  I would love to give it a better rating but everything needs to be fleshed out more including the ultimate conclusion for the main characters.




No comments:

Post a Comment