Translate

Monday, October 21, 2013

Sword Art Online


Sword Art Online was a very popular anime that ran for two seasons. I don't think the second season was as strong as the first season, but this was the first time I have seen an anime about being trapped in an online virtual world.  I thought SAO did a good job expressing some of the highs and lows of living in the virtual world.

I really liked the art in this series.  Perhaps because it was a virtual world, the designers enjoyed making a variety of unique designs and environments.  The animation is very polished and coloring is super rich and enjoyable.

SAO  does a good job of finishing off it's storyline and wrapping up all of it's loose ends which is great because it doesn't leave you hanging.  Also, the character development is very good in this anime.

The conflicts in season one are more interesting because you don't quite understand why the players become trapped in the world, so the characters and the viewers are on a quest to solve that together.  Season two is less interesting as it doesn't promote any questions but it's still fun to watch.

I would give SAO season 1 a 4.5 out of 5 and season 2 a 4 out of 5.  I believe that children over 8 can watch SAO but I recommend parental guidance.







No comments:

Post a Comment