Translate

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Gingitsune - Silver Fox - ぎんぎつね

Gingitsune is an anime about a family who lives and takes care of a Japanese Shrine.  Shrine families are really interesting because there is always one member who can see the shrine herald.  The herald is an animal messenger for the gods.  Ging is a large silver fox who looks after the shrine in this anime.

I particularly liked this anime because I personally didn't know anything regarding the differences between Japanese Temple and Shrine culture.  I feel a little better informed now, so I can enjoy shrines and temples all the more when I visit Japan next.

Gingitsune's story is very simple but it's heartwarming and acts as a nice companion to the shrine and temple life being shown.

The artwork and animation is good but nothing groundbreaking.

I give Gingitsune a 4 out of 5 for its originality in displaying educational/ cultural ideas while keeping the viewers interest.  The story writers also did a good job completing the first instalment of this story.




No comments:

Post a Comment